The world has gone social! According to We Are Social’s Digital in 2016 report, there are 2.3 billion active social media users and 1.97 billion active mobile social media users. Savvy real estate professionals are leveraging various social media platforms to market their companies and their clients’ listings.
Check out our top 5 social media tips to help you improve your social marketing strategy:
1. Content is still king! – And it should be sticky too! According to Simply Measured, “sticky content is content that is memorable and shareable, as opposed to disposable.” When your audience finds value in your content, it ”increases the length of time they spend engaging and encourages them to share with their friends. It also gives people a compelling reason to come back for more, perhaps without even being prompted.”
2. It’s all in the story – The art of storytelling is at the base of every successful social media strategy. By providing interesting and authentic content, you build an enticed audience. Don’t forget – there is such a thing as information overload! Remember that you’re engaging with a potential client, not a fellow real estate professional. You have to speak your audience’s language and provide them with content that appeals specifically to them. Try to stick to the 80/20 rule with what you share – only 20% of your content should be directly related to your brand.
3. Visually pleasing – Photos and video are the curb appeal of social media. It’s what initially catches the attention of your audience and encourages them to engage with you further. A survey conducted by CMO Council found that “nearly half of survey respondents indicated that the use of photography (46 percent) and video (36 percent) is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.” While illustrations and infographics are important, dynamic visual assets like pictures and videos with real people in them are imperative.
4. Pay for ads – The Social Agent Today Blog states that “paid advertising on social media will essentially be a necessity for marketing success in 2016.” Whether Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, it’s imperative to utilize the ad-targeting feature to get your message in front of those it’s intended for.
5. Leverage multiple platforms – As a real estate professional, you must understand that potential buyers and sellers are spread throughout various social media platforms and it’s your duty to meet them where they are. To help you understand the different platforms that are available to you, we’ve created a quick a cheat sheet:
Social media is a great ally to the real estate industry. Who knows, your next post may be one click, share, and repost away from going viral!
Follow ListHub on Twitter and Facebook for more real estate advice, online marketing tips, and much more. Interested in using Facebook ads to reach potential clients? Download our free step-by-step guide to learn how you can more effectively target buyers and sellers.