From April 2017 to May 2017, 560,000 new listings hit the market. Each accompanied by a listing description, various images and highlights of the most appealing features. Are your descriptions and images compelling enough to stand out from the crowd?
Differentiating yourself is not something to be left to chance! One of the newest technology trends to help you stand out from the sea of listings available in your market is 3D tours.
What’s a 3D Tour?
Unlike virtual tours, which offer wide views of a listings interior, 3D tours take things a step further.
“3D tours, like those from Matterport, offer a fully immersive tour. Buyers can look up, down or pan a full 360 degrees to see the entirety of a room… then walk from that room into another room, adjacent level, garage, back yard and more. Virtual tours answer, What’s behind that wall?, and they put an end to questions like, Why doesn’t the listing show the second bathroom?” – realtor.com® National Speaker Kristi Kennelly
Using 3D tours allows you to offer an immersive experience to potential clients from the comfort of their homes. The use of virtual technology is growing extremely fast; with active virtual reality users to reach 171 Million by 2018 and projected mobile virtual reality users to reach 135 million by 2020.
In a recent Matterport survey, 95% of real estate professionals said that using innovative technology helped them to beat the competition. The survey also revealed that 76% of respondents have plans or are already using virtual reality to be more competitive. Additionally, a study by international listing website Domain.com found that properties listed with video generated four times the number of quality leads.
According to Mixpanel Analytics, buyers were 60% more likely to email an agent and 95% more likely to call an agent about a property listing they’d seen on realestate.com.au when it included a Matterport 3D Showcase.
Here are a few best practices on how to use the Matterport technology for your business.
1. Invest in the Technology: Buy, Rent or Hire
To get started with 3D Tours for your listings, you will need a few tools. The number one requirement is the Matterport Pro 2 or Pro 3D camera. Luckily you have options:
- Buy – Matterport has various plans available for different needs; each plan requires the purchase of a camera and one time processing fee.
- Rent – A quick Google search will give you plenty of companies that offer daily, weekly or monthly camera rentals. Some will offer to host your Matterport models for a limited time, afterwhich you will have to choose a Matterport Cloud plan to host your models.
- Hire – If you’re looking to save time and money, go to the Matterport website and click find a photographer to get connected with a local Matterport Service Partner. Don’t miss out on the technology, just because the investment is not in your business’ budget.
2. Enhance your Models
Once you’re all set with the proper tools, Matterport gives you the ability to truly take control of the experience you provide your clients. Specifically, you can create guided tours and provide room labels and contact details directly in the 3D tour. Taking advantage of these opportunities to enhance your 3D tour will trickle down value to your seller clients and establish your expertise with potential clients.
3. Use 3D Tours as a Qualifier for Buyers
Once a seller has decided to list their property with you, the last thing they want is to waste time showing their home to mildly interested buyers. Protect your sellers from “looky-loos” by requiring potential buyers to watch the 3D tour before moving forward. Lisa Larkin, Managing Partner and Team Leader of The Larkin Ekrut Team at RE/MAX Excalibur in Tucson, Arizona used this technique for one of her clients and saw the property sell in 10 days.
4. Promote, Promote, Promote
- Share via social media – Social media offers great opportunity to speak to your audience directly. Become the leading local real estate professional by sharing your 3D home tours. Check out this social media cheat sheet to gain a better understanding of what message you should convey and to whom on each social network.
- Invite sellers to share! – Give sellers the opportunity to share their home in 3D form. Just think of how delighted they’ll be and how many of their friends (potential seller clients) may also be impressed.
- Add 3D tours to your For-Sale and For-Rent realtor.com® listings – Real estate professionals can use the Matterport technology to display their 3D tour models on realtor.com®, and the realtor.com® iOS and android apps.
5. Take Advantage of the Virtual Reality Experience
For your clients, this is the fun part! All Matterport 3D Tours are available to view on Google Cardboard and Gear VR virtual reality headsets, so show them what it’s like to actually be there! Give sellers the opportunity to see how their homes displays to others, while allowing buyers to truly immerse themselves in their dream home, from their current living or work space.
It’s important to leverage tools that will allow you to differentiate yourself and your listing from your competitors. Interested in more real estate technology trends that can help you get ahead of the competition and capture more listings? Check out our recent webinar for highlights on the advantages of using live streaming video in your business.